Preparation time: 2.5 hours
Ingredients for 12 rolls:
- 250g pumpkin
- 150 ml lukewarm water mixed with a heaping tablespoon of Pelster's Barista oat drink
- 600g flour
- 60g butter or margarine
- 1/2 cube fresh yeast
- 60g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- Optional for sprinkling after baking: powdered sugar and cinnamon
- Put the flour in a bowl, dig a well and pour in the yeast, sugar and oat drink. Now mix this a little with the edge of the flour to form a paste (don't knead all the flour yet), cover and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pumpkin for 10 minutes and then mash it with a fork. Add salt and butter, let cool slightly and then mix in the egg.
- Now the pumpkin mixture can be added to the yeast mixture and a smooth dough can be kneaded. Cover it and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour so that the dough doubles in size.
- The risen dough is now divided into 12 balls, each of which is wrapped with kitchen twine to create small pumpkins.
- The pumpkin rolls can then be baked at 175 degrees for about 18 minutes until golden brown.
- Optionally sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Have fun baking!